My Teaching Experience: What is Economics?

Hi, Friends!

On this post I will tell you about my teaching experience in class 9-3.
Class 9-3 is located separately  by the SLS main building. It's located in the vocational building, near the BSU library.

The topic I teach to them was about a basic economic. They just started their class that day, so they haven't learn about anything. The lesson started with a question, how did they manage their money everyday? 

I give them an example, if my parents gave me 100 Pesos for my pocket money, so I will divided my money into several part like, 30 pesos for my snacks, 50 pesos for my lunch, the remain one for my daily saving. 

Some of them were explained their money management everyday. 

Then, the next step was I connected the money management in a household. How come a household can manage their income or money to have some products they want. After the students gave their ideas, I show them a slide about the definition about economics, which is related to the activity that they did before. 

The material given by Ma'am Cuadra

Definition of Economics

After knowing about the definition, I started to ask them again about what things they need and want in their life? Some students answer with the goods like: home, food, guitar, money, or element like: oxygen, water, or even a girlfriend or boyfriend. 

I tell them about the difference of need and want in economics. Need is something that someone must fulfill in their life, without it they will suffer or they can't life without it. Meanwhile want is a choice, something that can they get after the needs are already fulfilled.

After that, I wrote a table of the things they've mentioned before then I asked the students to come to the front to categorize. They were very participated.

As for their assessment, I asked them to write down in a piece of paper about the definition of economics based on our lesson today.

Comments